Thursday, January 21, 2010

Blog 1: The absolutly True Diary of a Part Time Indian

My experience with diary's has had its ups and downs. I owned a diary throughout my younger years as a child and I always used to write in it to express my thoughts, feelings, secrets, poems, and anything I could think of. It was always helpful to be able to write down something whenever I wanted to when ever I wasn't able to talk to someone. I think Sherman Alexie
emphasized that it was "Absolutely true" because it is telling the life story about his life and giving you the feeling of what it was like being who he is as a person.



Something I do to negotiate for the hard things that come up in my life would be go for a nice walk, exercise to release stress and tension, clean, or play with my kids. They always cheer me up and put a smile upon my face no matter how bad I am feeling. I think its always been helpful to me to do something to get your mind off whatever is bothering you. In the book of The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie a quote " Hope against Hope," (page 32) I really liked because hope is what keeps you going on in life and gives you something to hope for in life to come. You should always believe in what you believe.

A quote that I found quite interesting in the book of The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie was " I don't want to fight anybody, I said. You've been fighting since you were born, he said. You fought off the brain surgery. You fought off those seizures. You fought off all the drunks and drug addicts. You kept your hope. And now, you have to take your hope and go somewhere where other people have hope." (page 43) of the book. What I like about it is that its stating to keep on fighting and don't give up hope. My thoughts about this would be is I like how his teacher Mr. P is telling him to go somewhere that has hope instead of staying at the rez where he can't get it there. He sees thatJunior has potential and wants to see him pursue it by getting a better education. Overall, I have enjoyed the book so far what I have read and can't wait to see what comes forth in the next reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment