Thursday, January 28, 2010

A connection between Junior's life and my own

My thoughts on Juniors character is he is a 14 year old boy, which we all know that, but a very outgoing kind of guy. He is very forgiving, athletic, courageous, a risk taker, spontaneous, loves school, his dad is a drunk, and loves his family. His relationship with people at first was kind of shady but started coming around when he earned the respect from everyone after punching Roger in the face knocking him down. Hes not afraid of challenge and is willing to give life a chance to do something new. No matter how scary it is or not. A quote from The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian that supports this idea would be " AND THEN I ROSE ABOVE HIM!" It is on page 192. I like this quote particular because it states it all. Hes willing to fight and hes willing to go the extra mile to get there where he wants to be. Just like he wanted to win his basketball game against his old school the Redskins to show them he could do it.

What Junior and I would have in common would be we are both in school, love taking risks, love our family, both forgiving people, and both have dads that are alcoholics. School for me hasn't always been easy but I do enjoy going to better my education to get a better degree. I love to take risks because whats life without a little adventure and fun to go along with it. Your only young once in life and my motto is too live a little. I grew up also with a drunk of dad drinking everyday and dealing with his crap everyday. That's why I can relate to that because I went through it in my younger years and teenage years. We both share forgiveness as well and its a good trait to have. The last one would be we both love our family. No matter what, they are always proud of me like his parents are of him. They have always been supportive and I love them for that.

Some insights about Juniors life I see is he's just a kid who wants more in life and wants to make something of himself. He doesn't care what people think because in his heart he still sees himself as Indian even though he is going to Reardon. I just see himself very courageous like I said in my first paragraph and brave for what he is doing because he has been through alot by making this new change to better his life.

1 comment:

  1. Good thinking and insights. I like the connections you've made. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete